Friday, August 17, 2018

CLOSE READING QUESTIONS

SETS OF QUESTIONS
CARDS/DISPLAY
SAMPLE CARDS ARE BELOW

Questions BEFORE Reading
SEE SAMPLE CARDS BELOW
(large)
(small)

*What is the meaning of what I have read?
*Why did the author end the paragraph (or chapter, or book) this way?
*What was the author's purpose in writing this?
*Which of my predictions were right? What information from the text tells me that I am correct?
*What were the main ideas?
*What connections can I make to the text? How do I feel about it?
Questions DURING Reading
SEE SAMPLE CARDS BELOW
(large)
(small)
*What do I understand from what I just read?
*What is the main idea?
*What picture is the author painting in my head?
*Do I need to reread so that I understand?
Questions AFTER Reading
(large)
(small)
*What predictions can I make?
*What do I already know about __________?
*Why am I reading this?
*Is this a real or imaginary story?
*What clues does the title give me about the story?
*What does the main character want?Will she/he get it?If so how?
*What is this story about?
Questions For Story Structure
(large)
(small)
Plot-beginning -What happen in the beginning of the story?
Plot-middle -What are the important events in the story?
Plot-end -How does the problem get resolve? 
How does the story end?
Plot-conflict -What is the problem in the story?
Setting -When and where does the story take place?
What clues in the story helped you know this?
Voice -Who is telling  the story?
What clues in the story helped you know this?
Characters -Who are the main characters in the story?
Why are they important to the story?
Could the characters in the story exist in real life? What makes you think that?
Genre -What is the genre of this story?What clues in the story helped you know this?
Is this book fiction or nonfiction? How do you know?
Questions For Interferring
(large)
(small)
*What can you figure out that the author didn't put in words? What clues did you use to figure that out?
*What character traits did the character have? What clues in the story make you believe that?
*What do the characters choices or actions tell you about him/her?
*What is the message or lesson of this story?
*Why do you think the character acted like he/she did?
*How did the character change during the story?
Other Questions
(large)
(small)
*What would you like to know more about the story?
*If you reread this, what would be the thing you are trying to figure out?
*What questions do you still have in your mind?
*What would you like to ask  the author or one of the characters?
*Retell the story to the class or to your partner.
*What were the most important part of the story?
*What do you want to remember after reading this?
Get you COPY here
Large Copy
Small Copy
HAPPY TEACHING!!!
HAPPY ASKING!!!
HAPPY READING!!!
IF YOU HAVE ANY REQUEST, YOU CAN LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW^^



No comments:

Post a Comment